As the use of the tactical forearms, such as the GG&G Modular Tactical Forearms has become more prevalent by special operations personnel and law enforcement SWAT teams, the need to easily mount a tactical rifle sling to the dovetail rails of the tactical forearm has become necessary. It was for this reason that GG&G developed the Sling Thing For Dovetails. Although it is now generally accepted that a tactical sling should be mounted on the side of the weapon, ancillary equipment mounted on the sides of the tactical forearms sometimes make this difficult or impossible to do. The GG&G Sling Thing For Dovetails provides the flexibility to mount the front sling attachment anywhere on the tactical forearm rails that meet the mission requirement.
- Light weight, easily installed and inexpensive.
- Durable and rugged construction for years of service.
- Fits dovetails manufactured to MIL-STD 1913 and Weaver specifications.
- All edges of the Sling Attachment have been rounded and smoothed to protect the operator.
- When mounted, it keeps the weapon slung in the correct position to avoid canting outwards away from your body.
- Uses a 1 ¼ “ rubber coated steel Mil-Spec sling swivel that is riveted in place.
- Ambidextrous by design.
- Material: The body of the Sling Attachment For Dovetails is manufactured from tough 7075 billet aluminum.
- Finish: Aluminum components are Type III Hard coat anodized matte black per Mil-Spec.
- Finish: All steel components are manganese phosphated matte black per Mil-Spec.
- Weight: 1 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime.